Social Distancing With Hoerner Heating & Plumbing
Contact free social distance plumbing
What happens when you have a heating or plumbing issue during the COVID-19 pandemic, and you need to hire a company that does social distancing plumbing? After all, everyone is practicing social distancing. During this time, many people are looking for DIY plumbing solutions, which leaves you vulnerable to future damages and repair costs that won’t be covered by insurance. Instead, call Hoerner Heating & Plumbing; we are open and practicing social distancing.
At Hoerner Heating & Plumbing, we are committed to providing efficient services and solutions while taking proactive steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As always, our customers come first. So what are we doing to make our customers feel safe?
Is Hoerner Heating & Plumbing open?
Yes, we’re open! Although none of our team members have tested positive for COVID-19, we do not compromise when it comes to keeping all our staff as well as our working environments virus-free. We do not perform any more in-office appointments, and ask that our clients please make all appointments via phone or email.
We encourage our staff to wash their hands frequently and to make use of the hand sanitizers and other preventative measures in the office and at client sites. Additionally, we frequently clean and sanitize all equipment and tools to curb the spread of the virus.
We are also encouraging the team to spend as little time as possible in the office.
How to prepare for your plumbing appointment
As a consumer, we encourage our customers to please do their part in preventing the spread of the pandemic. Here are some common guidelines we encourage you to please follow:
- Wash your hands before and after the appointment.
- Clear clutter away from the work area and disinfect frequently used areas.
- Please contact us to reschedule your appointment if you:
- are experiencing any symptoms of the virus;
- Have tested positive; or
- Have been in contact with a positive case.
- Please open all doors leading to the appliance that needs to be repaired, and that there is adequate light in the work area. Most of the time our technicians will leave the light on or window open once they are done with the work.
- Provide a clear path of access to any items related to the repair or replacement, in case we need access to it during your service call.
Please follow social distancing etiquette when dealing with our technicians.
On-the-job social distancing
Right now, most people are loath to let anyone outside of their immediate family into the home. However, a plumbing or heating issue will not wait for the pandemic to end...
It’s difficult to trust someone when you don’t know where they’ve been. We know that that is a valid concern. With that in mind, we aim to provide you with an extra layer of protection, safety and peace of mind.
All our technicians take the necessary precautions to prevent putting our customers at risk, including:
If anyone were to show signs of infection, they would be asked to stay home for 14 days and to get in touch with the appropriate healthcare professionals.
Each team member is encouraged to take all necessary precautions to stay healthy.
- Upon arrival at your premises, our technicians will call you to gain access to the site. At the same time, they will avoid touching unnecessary surfaces. They will also avoid contact with unnecessary items.
- Next, the technician will maintain the requisite 6-foot distance from you.
- You will receive an electronic invoice for your completed project.
During this uncertain time, we want to encourage our clients to please be mindful of the health of anyone who enters your home. With Hoerner Heating and Plumbing, you know that we are committed to your plumbing, heating and your health. We offer Up-front pricing. Hassle-free service calls.