Homeowners in Toronto are no strangers to water damage from overflows, burst pipes, sewer backups or flooding. We also know how quickly flood damage can escalate into emergencies. Water contaminants lead to mould growth that hamper energy services’ progress and can quickly add to remediation costs.
Many of these issues can be alleviated by ensuring that your sump pump is in good working order. Since sump pumps are mechanical devices, they can malfunction over time. Some issues that may occur include:
- Improper installation can cause a sump pump to fail.
- An electrical sump pump can malfunction when there’s a power failure.
- If your sump pump is too small for your basement, it may not become overwhelmed.
- Your basement drainage system may affect the functionality of your sump pump.
- If your sump pump is clogged, it may prevent proper drainage, as can clogged or frozen discharge lines.
- A stuck sump pump switch can cause it to run non-stop.
When your sump pump float is damaged, clogged or jammed, it may not signal the float switch to turn on or off with the changing water levels. If your sump pump does not switch on or off by itself, it is time to call in the pros. You should always contact a licensed professional instead of dealing with electrical issues or sump pump repairs on your own.
Hoerner Heating & Plumbing employees are professional flood protection experts who are able to quickly and accurately diagnose and troubleshoot your basement flooding issues. We offer professional and safe sump pump repairs to protect your property from flooding.
Additionally, we can assist you with your application for Toronto’s Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program when you install a backwater valve or sump pump. Speak to us today and safeguard your property.
Call Hoerner Heating and Plumbing on 416-463-2573 to book your sump pump repair!